I am so grateful that the Lord placed it on dad and mom's heart to bring together the musical abilities in our family and go to Arizona for the past 5 winters to minister to many people in RV parks and churches. It has stretched and grown my character and faith in more ways than I could have ever imagined.
For the record, I would like to mention some of the ways that I have grown and changed through the whole experience of being a member of the Hahner Family Band.
- I've learned that I can, indeed, sing in front of people. I also learned that I could enjoy it and have fun.
- I've learned that being humble comes in many forms. You must be humble when you mess up.You must be humble when no one claps for your solo. You must be humble when someone compliments your brother and says nothing about what you did. You must be humble when someone does compliment you and learn how to deflect the praise.
- I've learned that conversation skills are important to know. I can definitely hold a better conversation today than I could five years ago.
- I've learned that a joyful spirit is the best kind of spirit to have.
- I've learned to smile through bad mistakes on stage.
- I've learned that I can live with 10 other people in a small 5th wheel for 6 weeks.
- I've learned that sometimes mess isn't such a big deal. Relationships and joy matter more than everything being spic and span.
- I've learned that I can be a bit techy, and I have learned how to set up stage equipment.
- I've learned that even though playing music may not be my favorite thing to do at an event, people are always so grateful! We have met some wonderful, wonderful people through our music.
- I have become more confident over the past 5 years.
- I've learned how to work with my siblings, and discuss things that we disagree on.
- I've learned that practice always goes better with a smile.
- I've learned that singing after drinking lemon juice doesn't work for me!
- I've learned how to sing with a sore throat.
- I've learned that to have friends, you must be friendly!
- I've learned that we need to make the Lord the center of everything. Turning to the Lord in prayer is always the best thing to do before ANY endeavor.