I was, first of all, inspired by past thoughts and wonderings about what the will of God for us is. I know that we each have our own separate callings, but I knew that there were at least two things that the Scripture said was specifically the will of God for everyone. I came across three things that are the direct will of God for us.
- Our sanctification - For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour; (1 Thessalonians 4:3-4)
- To give thanks - In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
- To silence the ignorance of foolish men by our witness - For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men: (1 Peter 2:15)
- When we fulfill His will, we become part of His family - For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother. (Matthew 12:50)
- There are rewards for doing His will - For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. (Hebrews 10: 36)
- We are to be living no longer in sin, but instead, TO the will of God! - Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God. (1 Peter 4:1-2)
- Whoever does the will of God abides forever - And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. (1 John 2:17)